Tuesday 22 July 2014

Allen Key Madness

I was cleaning up the screwdrivers, wrenches, pliers, and such and came at last to my box of miscellaneous allen keys.  Of course some are metric and some are imperial so I got out my callipers and figured out what was what as I set the errant keys back into their respective slots.  I've bought a few complete sets over the years and they have remained more or less intact; but extra keys have a way of finding their way into the tool chest and accumulate over time like the bags of almost finished nachos in the back of the kitchen cupboard.  I never throw one out because it just may be the size I need next time so into box of allens it goes.  After replenishing the sets as best as I could I still had a pile of extra allens miling about.  I would have assumed that they were in a variety of sized and units but it turns out 9 of the 25 extras were 5/32".  

Allen Madness
 
I have no idea where all these keys of the same size have come from but I think I'm safe to throw away at least 3 of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment