Thursday 6 June 2013

The Table is Finished!!!

Sort of.  

On Monday morning I dropped off the components for the table at the finisher`s to have them lacquered.  This table has been one of the most intense, demanding and exhausting projects I have worked on.  I had a deadline I really wanted to meet so this table demanded the most of me.  In the last 4 week I have worked 250 hours on this project.  This was on top of my regular job.  During this process I consumed 12 liters of Coke and Pepsi (for me that`s a lot), averaged 5 hours of sleep per night, and lost 15 lbs.  

Thus far I have posted some of the process involved in building the panels for the tabletop.  I have been simultaneously building a perimeter ring and base as well.  I will finish writing about the panels and then post about the other components.  

I say that it is only sort of done because once the components are picked up from the finisher there will still be a lot of time spent assembling them all.  Hoping to get it all done by the 14th to have it submitted in the Southern Alberta Woodworker`s Association woodworking exhibition.  

The Table Mocked up in Small Configuration
Parts Loaded up and Ready to go to the Finisher
Saran Wrapped Perimeter Ring on Roof Racks

1 comment:

  1. Get immediate access to 16,000 woodworking projects.

    Teds Woodworking has over 16,000 woodworking plans with STEP-BY-STEP instructions, drawings and blueprints to make every project easy and simple...

    ReplyDelete