Tuesday 5 March 2013

Building a New House

Back in December a friend of mine, Calley Erickson, approached me about partnering to build a house in Bowness, the neighborhood where we both live.  We met and talked about it a number of times and I am very happy to say that we are moving ahead with the project and will be building over the summer.  We are currently working on building our construction estimate and clarifying our vision for the project.  Calley's wife Carrie is a gifted artist, below is her rendering of the front of the house.  

The Front of the House
I am excited about many of the parts of the house which I will get to work on.  This past week I have started researching how I will approach building a spiral staircase with an open central column, custom front entry door, and the kitchen and built-ins throughout the house.  

We have the a lot of work ahead of us and are excited to be moving forward.  If anyone is interested in being involved in or investing in the project I have attached our one page overview sheet below. 



One Page Overview
 

No comments:

Post a Comment